This is a very simple and quick cake to make. Made this cake with a class of 30 physically disabled children . Its gives so much happiness to see their face light up with joy when you teach them something that they love to eat. It give so much of joy, peace... being with them, they are so innocent and expressive in their feelings.
This is so light and spongy , the coffee gives a distinctive flavor and taste to this simple coffee cake.
200 Grams All Purpose flour
200 Grams Sugar Powdered
200 Grams Butter - Used salted butter
1 Teaspoon Vanilla essence
1 Teaspoon Baking powder
1/2 Teaspoon Baking Soda
1/3 Cup Hot Water
1 Tablespoon Instant Coffee Powder
Grease and paper line a baking pan.
Sieve together flour, baking powder and soda, keep aside.
Dissolve the coffee in the hot water and keep aside.
In a bowl beat the butter and sugar, till light and fluffy, add egg one at time and continue beating till the eggs are incorporated then add, essence and beat well again. Add the sieved flour and little coffee mix, continue to beat lightly till both the flour and coffee mix is incorporated, pour the batter into the lined pan bake for 35 to 40 minutes in a preheated oven at 180 degrees.
Cool it on a wire rack, sprinkle icing sugar and then slice it.... enjoy this cake with a hot cuppa of coffee.
The children had this with cool glass of watermelon juice which they helped to make.
Lables : Cakes, Coffee, Foodie Extravaganza Party
It's Foodie Extravaganza Day and this month's theme is Coffee Cake with Caroline from Caroline's Cooking is hosting What is Foodie Extravaganza? It's when a group of bloggers get together and make a recipe using one main ingredient. Where do we get the ingredient? We look at The Nibble and pick something off of their list. Croissants are actually celebrated on January 30th, but it's in January, so it's fair game. You can check out our group Pinterest board for past recipes. If you're a blogger, you can join along with us by requesting to join on our Facebook page. Now, on to the goodness being shared this month:
- Almond Raspberry Cake by Food Lust People Love
- Blueberry vanilla coffee cake by Fearlessly Creative Mammas
- Cappuccino Cake by G'Gina's Kitchenette
- Caramel Coconut Coffee Cake by cookinandcraftin
- Classic Coffee Cake by Basic N Delicious
- Coffee Cake Cookies by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Coffee Cake in a Jiffy by Our Good Life
- Coffee Cake Muffins by I'm Hungry
- German Beer Coffee Cake by Wholistic Woman
- Gluten free hazelnut pear cake by Caroline's Cooking
- Kärleksmums (Swedish Coffee Cake) by Tara's Multicultural Table
- Lemon Thyme n Mint Loaf by Baking in Pyjamas
- Orange Coffee Cake with Pecan Streuse by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Polish Placek by Cooking With Carlee
- Simple Coffee Cake by Sneha's Recipe
- Strawberry Coffee Cake Muffins by Making Miracles