Thatte Idli / Plate Idli

This is also called Tumkur Idli and it is a Karnataka special. When I visited my daughter in Bangalore she took me to this street somewhere near VVPuram which is a street food road. At this place I had this awesome food. These are so soft and spongy and served in a bamboo plate and banana leaf . You must try this recipe in your kitchen and I am sure you too will love this idlis Well, I don't own that specialized thatte idli vessel which are plates but, I used a plate to prepare it, turned out perfect.
Ingredients
1/2 cup  Parboiled rice
1/2 cup  Raw rice
3/4 cup  Urad dal
1/2 cup  Cooked rice
1/2 teaspoon Soda 
Salt to taste
1 teaspoon  Oil
Method
Soak raw and paroiled rice together in water for at least 5 hours. Soak Urad dal separately.
Grind them separately, using very little water as possible. Grind the cooked rice to finely and mix all the ground paste well. Add soda (dissolved in water), sesame oil. Allow it to ferment. May be for about 7 hours. Once the fermented Idly batter is ready. Grease plate either ghee or sesame oil. Pour little batter to it. Steam cook for about 15 mins. Serve warm along with chutney and sambar. We had with Sambar.
Labels: Breakfast, Brunch, Healthy, South Indian, Vegan,  Lentils,  Idli, Gluten free, Sourdough, Steamed
Sneha's Recipe
Sneha's Recipe

Happy Home-maker and culinary enthusiast.

No comments:

Post a Comment